Term / Duration
November 2004 - November 2005
European Commission, DG Education and Culture
DAAD, Nuffic, CIMO, Centre for Research into Higher Education, University of Kassel, the Higher Education Statistics Agency (UK) and the Centre for Higher Education Studies (CZ)
EURODATA was a one-year project which aimed at producing data on student mobility into 32 European countries (the 25 EU countries, the four EFTA countries, and Bulgaria, Romania and Turkey) of a quality and degree of differentiation at present not available from any other source. These data were needed by national governments and the European union to measure progress towards the mobility-related objectives of European higher education innovation agendas (such as “Lisbon” and “Bologna”).
The main target group for whom these improved data was invaluable are governmental decision-makers at EU and national level.
The EURODATA project has resulted in a student mobility data report of almost 200 pages containing, in easy overview form
- Data on foreign students by country of origin for 32 European countries
- Data on mobile students (place of prior education) for 32 European countries
- More differentiated data for 5 countries (DE, NL, FI, CZ, UK) on mobile students, with descriptors such as level and discipline of study, long term vs. short term mobility, programme vs. individual mobility, socio- economic status of students, etc.
- Data on student mobility in EU programmes for 32 countries
- Data on Student mobility in national programmes for 32 countries
The EURODATA book was an instant success. Out of print, the book is only available in PDF format.